You can opt in to the experimental branch by right clicking on “Species”, selecting “Properties” and going to the “Betas” tab.
WARNING: for our Mac & Linux users, please note: the erosion algorithm performance fix includes a graphics format that I haven’t had a chance to test on non-Windows PC’s. Please let me know if you see any issues and I’ll roll it back asap!
* Added Seasonal Bloom Lighting (I’ve tried to keep it subtle and non-obstrusive, but if you don’t like it you can turn it off in Options)
* Significantly improved performance of erosion algorithm
* Fixed Fertility changes (grazing pixels, tree stabilisation, climate devices) affecting temperature
* Fixed Blank Slate “Respiration” setting range going from 0 to 1 (Amphibious to Terrestrial) instead of -1 to 1 (Aquatic to Terrestrial)
* Fixed Tail Thickness Gene not changing the appearance of the tail.
* Fixed limb length not contributing to limb damage.
* Reduced harshness of default seasonal temperature/fertility changes
* Multiplied ground friction by gravity
* Fixed seasonal settings not being saved and resetting to default when loading a game
* Fixed new world options not being saved and resetting to default when loading a game (gravity, oxygen, stamina bar modifiers)