We made it! Species 0.9.0 has been released, and is now wildly rampaging amongst the pitiful masses of humanity.
Here’s what to expect: (screaming of puny humans not included. That’s just a bonus)
- The Nursery, wherein you can contain a live population of organisms and bend them to your whimsical designs by means of artificial selection and a pair of miniaturized rovers.
- Your Own Species, created by causing aforementioned live population to speciate from their wild counterparts. What you do with them after that is your own business. Live in harmony? Take over the world? Drive everything else to extinction? It’s up to you.
- Automatic Population Control. Who needs human interaction anyway? Those long running sims don’t need you nannying them anymore: the game can keep the population in reasonable limits for you by messing with the food efficiencies.
- Sexual and Asexual Reproduction Modes. Feeling prudish? Disable mating completely! Feeling… uh… not prudish? Enforce it as a requirement before creatures are able to reproduce.
- Double Scale Worlds. Bigger tree’s, bigger cliffs, but same-sized creatures.
- XML Save/Load. More robust, human-readable save files.
- And a load of minor fixes and improvements!